The Bigger Picture was developed by exhibitors for exhibitors. It’s based upon the Story of Change for Cultural Film (2015) framework that catalogues the impacts of cultural cinema into: awareness and attitudes, knowledge and experience, social cohesion, wellbeing and economic value.
It is these values that we have taken as our impact areas for The Bigger Picture. You can search case studies by impact area (as below) as well as by the important, cross-cutting focus areas: access, diversity and young people.
Get involved! If you’d like to find out more about the Film Audience Network or have a great story to share, contact your regional Film Hub.
Awareness & Attitudes
- Raising awareness of a variety of experiences, cultures, emotions and ideas
- Changing attitudes towards others, helping people become more tolerant and self-aware
- Helping people imagine different lives and different futures
- Catalyst for political, social, cultural and policy change
Knowledge & Experience
- Improving levels of knowledge, understanding and literacy, for all members of society
- Inspiring young people to imagine & realise their full potential
- Spurring creativity & nurturing the next generation of creative talent
- Raising aspirations
- Reduced isolation
- Stronger communities
- Feelings of belonging, personal and cultural identity: People feeling more confident and that they have a voice and are more engagement in society as a whole
- Increased wellbeing, happiness, health
- Lives enriched
- A focal point and catalyst for the wider regeneration and economic development
- Breathing life back into places and bringing new value in the economy
- Raising the profile and attracting visitors to an area
- Boosting the local supply chain (from local food and drinks to the wider film chain)
- Encouraging local employment and skills development
- Strengthening local and national creative industries and brand identities, ultimately contributing to the prosperity of the UK