Another Round, BAFTA and Oscar-winning comedy-drama film from Danish director Thomas Vinterberg being released by STUDIOCANAL, is the latest film to receive BFI FAN New Release Support for its theatrical release on 2nd July.
Since summer 2018, BFI Film Audience Network (FAN) has been supporting four new release films each year to help exhibitors across the UK engage with more diverse audiences and programme titles that they traditionally would not book.
BFI FAN members that screen New Release titles receive support from BFI FAN including marketing resources and social media budget.
Nominated for two Academy Awards, four BAFTAs and a Golden Globe Award, Another Round recently scooped the Oscar for Best International Feature Film, as well as the BAFTA for Best Film not in the English Language.
The film was also named winner of the virtual Audience Award at The BFI London Film Festival 2020, in addition to the awards for Best Film, Director, Screenwriter and Actor at European Film Awards 2020.
Starring international star Mads Mikkelsen (The Hunt, Casino Royale, Doctor Strange, Rogue One), Another Round posits that there is an obscure philosophical theory that humans should have been born with a small amount of alcohol in our blood; that modest inebriation opens our minds to the world around us, diminishing problems and increasing creativity.
Intrigued, Martin (Mads Mikkelsen) and three of his friends, all weary high school teachers, embark on a risky experiment to maintain a constant level of intoxication throughout the workday.
Initial results are positive, but as the units are knocked back and stakes are raised, it becomes increasingly clear that some bold acts carry severe consequences.
BFI FAN members that screen Another Round can expect and request:
- Audio descriptive and captioned versions of the film
- Marketing pack and assets including programme notes
- Freelance marketing support in every Film Hub area
- Virtual Q&A opportunities with film talent available
- Advice from Inclusive Cinema for exhibitors putting on accessible screenings
- Budget for Facebook/social media ads
Another Round is released on 2 July 2021 and can be booked via STUDIOCANAL:
- Theatrical Sales Manager: Gareth.Haworth@Studiocanal.com
- Theatrical Sales Executive: Kashif.Shirasi@Studiocanal.com
- Theatrical Sales Executive: Neil.Rogers@Studiocanal.com
Other new Release titles released in the 2021/22 season include the award-winning Sound of Metal from Vertigo Releasing.