Film Feels is back and this time they are feeling CURIOUS!
Film Feels returns for 2022, once again celebrating films’ unique ability to transport us, to illuminate ideas, and to spark a conversation.
This time Film Feels are feeling CURIOUS and inviting their members to (re)connect with their wondrous, inquisitive selves: what makes you curious? Which strange films, peculiar filmmakers, weird genres or forgotten formats have piqued your curatorial interest? Enthuse and engage audiences through your love for the strange and the peculiar, with unexpected and intriguing programmes that will stimulate the mind and the senses.
Film Feels are offering funding up to £10, 000 for organisations to present enhanced screenings and engagement activity as part of the season. They welcome both in-venue, online and hybrid proposals.
Curiosity can be broadly defined in two ways: “a strong desire to know or learn something” OR “an unusual or interesting object or fact”. They expect proposals to explore:
- Films about curiosity from murder mystery to fairy tales, science-fiction to coming of age, spy films to domestic thrillers, and more
- Curious films and filmmakers: peculiar films and filmmakers, who stand out for their unique, bizarre, distinctive style or theme
- Curious contexts:from cursed films to works banned for obscenity or political reasons
- Curious film formats and presentations: from early cinema pioneers techniques to 16mm/35mm projection, and from Smell-O-Vision and other gimmicks to artist works playing with cinema’s forms and limits.
- Curiosity from the archives (for programme solely composed of UK archives, please check the Changing Times section below)
Key info at a glance:
- Activity window: 1 June 2022 – 31 July 2022
- Total amount available: £120,000
- Financial support: up to £ 10,000
- Applications open: Thursday 24 March 2022 (12:00 – noon)
- First deadline (June activity): Monday 18 April 2022 (18:00)*
- Second deadline (July activity): Monday 2 May 2022 (18:00)**
Find out more on the Film Feels website.