Just started or thinking of starting up a community cinema group? Cinema For All have announced the Launchpad scheme to help you every step of the way inc. coaching sessions and £300 bursary to help cover the cost of your first two screenings.
Do you want to start screening films in your community? Looking to gain practical skills and funding support to help you get started? The Cinema For All Launchpad coaching scheme can help by providing:
- Four online coaching sessions
- A £300 bursary to help cover the cost of your first two screenings
Over the course of July-September, Cinema For All will help you learn how to set up your community cinema, promote your screenings, what equipment you need and tips to make your cinema special!
Each workshop will be led by a friendly Cinema For All coach and take place over Zoom, so they can be arranged at your convenience. Coaching sessions last 90 minutes (with scheduled breaks) and are tailored to you, to help you bring your cinema to life. There are lots of opportunities for discussion and activities in each coaching session, to help you develop your ideas and process your learning.
Launchpad coaching schedule:
To be completed by:
Welcome session (25 minutes)
· We will set some goals together for what you would like to achieve with your cinema and coaching.
Reflection session (25 minutes)
· We will reflect on your coaching journey and two screenings, revisiting your goals.
Four online coaching sessions (90 minutes):
· Your first coaching session will be ‘How to Start a Community Cinema’
· From there you can choose from our list of topics e.g. Marketing, Film Programming, Special Events, Equipment etc.
Two pilot film screenings:
· With the support of the £300 bursary you will put on your first two screenings, giving you an opportunity to test your ideas and build an audience.
How to apply:
Cinema For All is committed to making the application process for their coaching programmes as accessible as possible. They welcome applications by:
- Written application form. Download the application form.
- Video file answering the application questions.
- Audio file answering the application questions.
- Or you can arrange a Zoom call with either Ellie or Abi and they will type your answers as you say them. Please email email@example.com or call 0114 2210314 to arrange this.
If you have any other way that you would prefer to apply, please let them know and they will endeavour to support you.
Be sure to carefully read the guidance notes and terms and conditions in the application form before applying.
- Deadline for applications is midnight, 31st July.
Please send your application to Abi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cinema For All values diversity and we encourage applications from people of African or Caribbean heritage, people of South, East and South East Asian heritage, people who experience racism, LGBTQI+ people and people with disabilities.
This coaching scheme is supported by BFI Lottery funding.
Audio reading of Launchpad Summer 2022 application form, guidance notes and terms and conditions:
Want to find out about all things community cinema? Sign up to their mailing list to find out about opportunities, exciting news and helpful information for your community cinema here.