This International Short Film Day (21 December), Encounters presents a curated package of chilling contemporary international short films to accompany the BFI season ‘In Dreams are Monsters’, taking place UK-wide October – December 2022.
In Shorts are Monsters comprises of two programmes of contemporary UK and international short films from the Encounters Film Festival archive:
Beasts of the Outdoors (40 min)
- The Thing That Ate the Birds, Directed by Sophie Mair and Dan Gitsham (UK, 2021)
- You’re Not Home, Directed by Derek Ugochukwu (Ireland, 2021)
- Wake Up, Directed by Tiago Teixeira (UK, 2021)
- Red Room, Directed by Bryan M. Ferguson (UK, 2021)
Urban Ghouls (41 min)
- Bubble, Directed by Haonan Wang (China, 2020)
- Asian Girls, Directed by Hyun Lee (Australia, 2017)
- Seagull, Directed by Dean Puckett (UK, 2021)
- Night Bus, Directed by Jessica Ashworth and Henrietta Ashworth (UK, 2019)
- Super Blood, Directed by Sally Cancello (UK, 2021)
So join them for a journey into the monstrous…
These sub-15 minute, BBFC-classified, SDH captioned short films from the Encounters archive are offered as complete programmes at a reduced fee of £20. Titles from each package can be used to supplement your organisation’s planned In Dreams Are Monsters screenings, or presented as stand-alone short film events.
If you are interested in screening these programmes or would like a screener please contact Jonny Tull at firstname.lastname@example.org
More info: https://www.encounters.film/in-shorts-are-monsters
Screening as part of In Dreams Are Monsters: A Season of Horror Films, a UK-wide film season supported by the National Lottery and BFI Film Audience Network.
More information about the seasons and upcoming screenings in your region: indreamsaremonsters.co.uk