The BAFTA and Oscar-winning film Another Round is released in UK cinemas on 2 July and to celebrate the StudioCanal title hitting the big screen, BFI FAN have teamed up with The Beer Cast to create an infographic celebrating the ‘Drinking Cultures of Europe’.
Starring Mads Mikkelsen and directed by Thomas Vinterberg, Another Round posits an obscure philosophical theory that humans should have been born with a small amount of alcohol in our blood; that modest inebriation opens our minds to the world around us, diminishing problems and increasing creativity.
Intrigued, Martin (Mads Mikkelsen) and three of his friends, all weary high school teachers, embark on a risky experiment to maintain a constant level of intoxication throughout the workday.
Initial results are positive, but as the units are knocked back and stakes are raised, it becomes increasingly clear that some bold acts carry severe consequences.
BFI FAN members that screen the film receive support including:
- Audio descriptive and captioned versions of the film
- Marketing pack and assets including programme notes
- Freelance marketing support in every Film Hub area
- Advice from Inclusive Cinema for exhibitors putting on accessible screenings
- Budget for Facebook/social media ads
Other new Release titles released in the 2021/22 season include the award-winning Sound of Metal from Vertigo Releasing and Limbo, which is released on 30 July from MUBI.
Nominated for two Academy Awards, four BAFTAs and a Golden Globe Award, Another Round recently scooped the Oscar for Best International Feature Film, as well as the BAFTA for Best Film not in the English Language.
The film was also named winner of the virtual Audience Award at The BFI London Film Festival 2020, in addition to the awards for Best Film, Director, Screenwriter and Actor at European Film Awards 2020.
Another Round is released on 2 July 2021 and can be booked via STUDIOCANAL:
- Theatrical Sales Manager: Gareth.Haworth@Studiocanal.com
- Theatrical Sales Executive: Kashif.Shirasi@Studiocanal.com
- Theatrical Sales Executive: Neil.Rogers@Studiocanal.com