As part of February’s LGBT+ History Month in the United Kingdom, Inclusive Cinema have created resources to help venues and exhibitors celebrate the heritage, culture and contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex self-defining groups.
Activists and allies can support by:
- Increasing the visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (“LGBT”) people, their history, lives and their experiences in the curriculum and culture of educational and other institutions, and the wider community;
- Raising awareness and advancing education on matters affecting the LGBT community;
- Working to make educational and other institutions safe spaces for all LGBT communities; and
- Promoting the welfare of LGBT people, by ensuring that the education system recognises and enables LGBT people to achieve their full potential, so they contribute fully to society and lead fulfilled lives, thus benefiting society as a whole.
Other film ideas and resources include:
- The 30 Best LGBTQ+ Films of All Time
- 17 of the Best LGBTQ Films of 2018 (Recent & Upcoming)
- Comprehensive* List of LGBTQ+ Vocabulary Definitions
Inclusive Cinema is at the heart of BFI FAN’s strategy. It aims to bring British, international and independent film to all audiences. Together with our creative network of partners, we’re building a skilled and confident exhibition sector, which celebrates our heritage and where young audiences aged 16-30 play a part in developing inclusive film culture for the future.